Sunday, August 26, 2012

School Right Around the Corner

School starts again in just a couple of weeks. My daughter will be going into third grade and my son will be starting first grade. I did not as much work in with the kids as I would have liked this summer. We had lots of fun swimming and playing at playgrounds.

But through the whole summer, I had a reading tutor work with both kids. My daughter is carrying books around with her almost everywhere we go and is reading very well. My son is starting to emerge as a beginning reader.

Because of my daughter's abilities, my focus is now on my son. My son will have a different teacher than my daughter did for first grade. I hope he'll be exposed less to the methods that allow him to guess words. But I will work with my son my way, and I will continue his tutor so that hopefully he won't have the same difficulties.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the new school year or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment